VOLUME II SPRING 2017:
open call submission guidelines
For Volume II of The Soap Box, we are looking for poems and short stories on the theme “Home”.
We need your creativity, excitement, and passion to help bring our Spring 2017 Issue to life.
The theme is open-ended and up to your interpretation. We will start accepting submissions on January 8th and will remain open until March 8th, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST.
- You may submit up to three pieces in one entry. Please submit each piece separately in both pdf and Word format
- Use Times New Roman or Cambria 12pt font
- Your name should not appear anywhere in your submission
- Poems should be single spaced, one poem per page
- Short stories should be double spaced.
- If you are submitting more than one short story, start each story on a new page
- Maximum length for short stories is 1000 words
- Maximum of 90 lines per poem
- Submissions are open to all writers, but preference is given to Canadian writers
- Pieces must be about the theme "Home"
- Helpful tip: avoid repeated use of "home". Good writing about a theme doesn't require the use of the word!
- Provide a short bio telling us about yourself (70 words max.) in the body of the email.
- Be creative, show us something new, and most importantly, have fun!
- Submit your work here
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Good luck and happy writing!